Strategy and business development
Imagine a future where you help shape where and how we grow our business across the Americas
Join us in this role where you’ll play an important part in keeping Ørsted ahead of the game and in securing our future pipeline of business in the Americas as we deliver the energy transformation.
Welcome to Ørsted Americas
You’ll be part of the Growth team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for defining “where and how” to grow our business in the Americas. You’ll be a core part of a team which identifies and manages new market entries, and you’ll work closely with teams throughout the organisation to grow our business and deliver the energy transformation. You’ll work on everything from offshore wind to land-based solar; wind to battery storage and high-voltage transmission. As a team, we have significant cross-functional collaboration.
You’ll play an important role in:
- conducting insightful analysis mostly focused on US power markets and the opportunities for Ørsted, incl. everything from evaluating new markets and technologies to building competitor and customer profiles
- preparing presentation and decision materials for executives
- liaising with key internal stakeholders to develop consensus for new opportunities and completion of tasks
- coordinating and leading workstreams under the supervision of more senior Growth team member(s)
- supporting the Head of Growth with various ad-hoc tasks and analysis.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have at least two years’ experience from working in a large corporate, advisory, consultancy, or investor operating in the energy, utilities, and/or power industries in the US and/or Americas
- have the curiosity to seek out new experiences and knowledge
- have the adaptability to learn and to change
- have a determined and proactive attitude to your work, with a willingness to take ownership of tasks and challenges
- have the ability to gather and make sense of information and turn it into insights relevant for decision making and forward progress
- have a comprehensive communication skill set, i.e., both written and verbal, and the ability to drive engagement across stakeholder groups and organisational levels.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than April 3, 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll have some domestic US travel (at least once per quarter), with potential for some international travel.
For New York City the salary range is $90,000 - $115,000
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.