Strategy and business development
Imagine a future where you lead a team that manages EIA activities and consenting processes to ensure our biggest development project in Korea
Join us in this role where you’ll be involved in a range of environmental and permitting topics to support ongoing Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) activities and other permitting processes in relation to offshore wind projects. This will include working with external partners in Korea, as well as internal colleagues in the APAC region and Europe and assisting in consultations with local authorities and interest organisations.
Welcome to APAC Project Development & Programmes (APAC PD)
You’ll be part of APAC Environment & Permitting under APAC PD where you, together with your colleagues, will work collaboratively with a range of internal and external specialists on technical, engineering, and other related subjects. At present, APAC PD focuses on developing competitive offshore wind projects and wind farm constructions. Together, we manage the EIA and consenting processes to ensure they’re in place on deadline. As a team, we’re ambitious, with a great energy and an informal work culture, and we highly encourage a learning mindset and an original approach to new projects.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being the key member of APAC Environment & Permitting located in Korea and exploring the local consent regime
- leading and managing the consents and permits and EIA performed by external consultants, i.e., facilitating meetings and workshops, reviewing documentation, etc.
- coordinating with internal stakeholders and ensuring that the necessary input for the consenting and permitting and EIA processes arrive in due time
- providing support to the offshore wind project management on a range of tasks, in terms of permitting and environmental topics
- supporting discussions with external stakeholders in relation to consenting and permitting and EIA processes, incl. central and local governments, authorities, agencies, communities, and other consenting and environmental interest organisations and groups.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s or bachelor’s degree
- have in-depth knowledge and experience in permitting processes for offshore wind farms or similar business in Korea
- have experience delivering consenting and environmental work in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams in high-pressure environments
- are outgoing and take joy in being part of a project where coordination and collaboration with other project disciplines are essential
- have good leadership skills that can guide and support your team to successfully achieve targets
- can speak and write fluently in both Korean and English and prepare technical documents that non-specialists and others can understand and adopt for their own purposes.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2023-03-31.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations APAC, , on talentacquisitionAP@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll need to participate in meetings with external stakeholders. Traveling will mainly be domestic.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.