Engineering and construction
Senior Power System Engineer to lead power system design (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you lead the electrical system design of some of the biggest offshore wind farms in the world in a pivotal and influential position
Join us in this role where you’ll be a power system expert focused on leading and coordinating the design and integration of our offshore wind farms with energy systems. The Electrical System Design and Grid Integration department plays a critical role in developing technically and commercially optimal wind farm designs.
Welcome to Electrical System Design & Grid Integration
You’ll be part of Power Systems Management where you, together with your colleagues, will join a growing and diverse global team engaged in offshore wind projects across the UK, Europe, the US, and Asia Pacific. The role offers significant opportunities for individual growth and development within technical, commercial, and project areas. We foster a highly collaborative, trusting, and engaged team environment where we share openly and solve challenges together.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading the power system study scoping, planning, and interfaces, and the power system design team within the project
- being at the centre of key decisions about the design and integration of the wind farm’s electrical infrastructure end-to-end to develop optimal and compliant energy system designs
- engaging closely with key equipment vendors to develop and negotiate technical requirements and contract specifications critical to the successful integration of our wind farms
- communicating clearly with internal and external stakeholders regarding electrical system design planning, challenges, risks, decisions, and outlook
- evaluating technical issues, developing solution options, reviewing technical documentation, and conducting power system studies where needed.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a solid technical background in electric power system fundamentals, such as power system performance, design, analysis, or modelling, with a relevant education
- can see the business impact of the electrical system design, such as opportunities and risks to project CAPEX, revenue, and schedule
- are comfortable having many things on the go, dealing with a range of stakeholders, and keeping on top of a busy, dynamic, and varied work environment
- enjoy and are capable of leading technical project teams with complex scopes
- have a proactive, results-oriented, and systematic approach to your work tasks and can communicate clearly and strategically in English.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 16 September 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Daniel Louis Di Somma, Head of Power Systems Management, on (Denmark +45) 99557366 if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.