Strategy and business development
Senior Lead Market Developer for Belgium
Imagine a future where you lead market development activities in Belgium for the global leader within offshore wind energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be leading our market development activities in Belgium to successfully position Ørsted in the competition for new offshore wind concessions. This includes regulatory positioning, advocacy, strategy updates, origination of opportunities, partnership negotiations, and senior management presentations. Within this role, you’ll get a unique opportunity to combine business acumen, strategic analysis, networking abilities, negotiation, and communication skills, with a strong drive for growth.
Welcome to Continental Europe
You’ll be part of Market Development where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for originating new opportunities for our offshore wind business. You’ll be part of a growth journey in growing markets with intense competition. Moreover, you’ll report directly to the Head of the Dutch/Belgian market and be part of the country organisation while leveraging our continent-wide market development and asset management functions. We’re a team of dedicated individuals motivated to secure an attractive European pipeline for our organisation. We trust each other and value team success over individual success.
You’ll play an important role in:
- establishing our organisation as a trusted partner for offshore wind-related topics to government, authorities, the TSO, and other key stakeholders
- identifying and evaluating regulatory regimes and advocating policies, in dialogue with government institutions and in close collaboration with our regulatory team
- identifying and originating business and market development opportunities within offshore wind and related offtake sectors
- preparing and presenting commercial strategies to senior management with Benelux Country Management
- maintaining deep insights and knowledge into the offshore wind and electricity markets, incl. market trends, key stakeholders, and competition.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have significant experience from and insights into the Belgian energy markets likely focusing on renewables and PTX
- have a strong existing network within key Belgian stakeholders for offshore wind and an appetite to deepen it further
- have a proven track record in Belgian regional and/or national politics, combined with a strong commercial mindset, incl. seeing business opportunities within offshore wind and cross sectors, whilst spotting key drivers for success and major risks
- are self-driven, autonomous, and ambitious, while seeking advice and sparring when in doubt
- are resilient, solution-oriented, open-minded, and positive.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 28 August 2022. We’ll be conducting first interviews for this position in week 35 and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Joel Meggelaars, Sr. Regulatory Affairs & Stakeholder Manager, on (Netherlands +31) 615217876, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and, in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be working closely together with colleagues in the Netherlands, Germany, and the rest of Northern Europe. You’ll also be expected to meet customers and stakeholders both locally and in the wider region.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.