Engineering and construction
HVDC Equipment Engineer
Imagine a future where you use your technical expertise to drive our ambition within grid connection of offshore wind with HVDC transmission systems
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the HVDC equipment for one of our future offshore wind farms. You’ll have a key role in securing the quality and driving cost reduction of the HV equipment. We offer a dynamic work environment where you can develop your technical skills and gain state-of-the-art knowledge within the development of offshore wind. We focus on your career aspirations and your personal development.
Welcome to HVDC and Grid Stabilising Equipment
You’ll be part of a diverse and inclusive team of highly skilled engineers where you, together with your colleagues, will be conducting engineering tasks related to sourcing, manufacturing, and installation of HV equipment. We’re involved in the entire lifecycle of our offshore wind power projects, from the early stages of project development until handover of the energised wind farm. The team has a vital role in ensuring the most cost-effective solutions related to HVDC and grid stabilising equipment.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and maintaining technical requirements and participating in technical clarifications for sourcing of HV equipment for HVDC transmission systems
- driving technical development in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- aligning and optimising electrical and mechanical interfaces with key stakeholders, such as the structural engineering department and the electrical system design department
- ensuring the quality of HV equipment through compliance with our quality process
- optimising the wind farm infrastructure and participating in innovative new cost-efficient solutions.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a strong knowledge of and experience within HVDC systems and preferably also power electronic technologies
- have a master’s degree or maybe a PhD in electrical engineering
- understand electrical transmission system design requirements and how power electronic-based equipment can be utilised to improve grid stability and system performance
- have personal drive combined with a structured and proactive approach to your work
- are self-driven combined with a collaborative approach, enabling you to thrive in a team.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 July 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jakob Boss Skarhoj, Head of HVDC & Grid StabilizingEquipment, on (Denmark +45) 99556864, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace and, in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.