Strategy and business development
Lead Market Developer for The Netherlands
Lead Market Developer for the Netherlands
Imagine a future where you identify and originate market opportunities in the Netherlands for the global leader within offshore wind
Join us in this role where you’ll be a lead market developer focusing on securing Ørsted a significant share of the Dutch national offshore wind target of 22 GW by 2030. This will include strategy updates, identification of commercial opportunities on the offshore wind generation side as well as on the Power-to-X offtake side, partnership negotiations, tender preparation, bid writing, and senior management presentations. You’ll get a unique opportunity to combine business acumen, strategic analysis, networking abilities, negotiation, and communication skills, with a strong drive for growth.
Welcome to Region Continental Europe
You’ll be part of Market Development where you, together with your colleagues, will be part of a growth journey in growing markets with intense competition. You will report directly to the Head of the Dutch/Belgian market and be part of the country organisation while leveraging our continent-wide market development and asset management functions. We’re a team of dedicated individuals motivated to secure an attractive European pipeline for our organisation. We trust each other and value team success over individual success.
You’ll play an important role in:
- originating and maturing new business opportunities for our offshore, Power-to-X, and related activities
- preparing and presenting commercial strategies to senior management with the Head of BE/NL
- supporting bids for offshore wind projects
- identifying and evaluating regulatory regimes and entering dialogues with government institutions, in close collaboration with our regulatory team
- maintaining deep insights and knowledge into the offshore wind and electricity markets, incl. market trends, key stakeholders, and competition.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have significant experience from and insights into the Dutch energy markets, mainly focusing on renewables and PTX
- have a strong existing network within relevant Dutch industries and institutions and an appetite to deepen it further
- have a strong commercial mindset, incl. seeing business opportunities within offshore wind and cross sectors, whilst spotting key drivers for success and major risks
- are self-driven, autonomous, and ambitious, while seeking advice and sparring when in doubt
- are resilient, solution-oriented, open-minded, and positive.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 28-08-2022. We’ll be conducting interviews starting in week 35 and we reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Joel Meggelaars, Sr. Regulatory Affairs and Stakeholder Manager, on (Netherlands +31) 615217876, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.