Engineering and construction
Senior Electrical Project Engineer for Wind Turbines
Imagine a future where you’re the electrical engineer responsible for the wind turbines in our future wind farm projects around the world
Join us in this role where you’ll be working on a wind turbine asset project, including managing technical interfaces, handling supplier contracts, and determining possible technical solutions and improvements. You’ll be based in Wind Turbine Execution with other electrical and mechanical engineers working on our Offshore asset projects as your closest colleagues.
Welcome to Wind Turbine Technology
You’ll be part of Wind Turbine Execution where you, together with your colleagues, will be technically responsible for all mechanical and electrical components of the wind turbine and their technical interface alignment. As a team, we support the business throughout the value chain, covering the technical qualification of new wind turbines, project execution, and handover to operations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- technically managing wind turbine supplier contracts within specific wind farm projects in regard to assessing the electrical scope, evaluating risks, and identifying opportunities for improvements
- ensuring compliance with technical requirements for wind turbines in cooperation with the supplier and internal stakeholders, such as foundation, electrical systems, and operations
- supporting the quality assurance of project deliveries from our wind turbine suppliers and their sub-suppliers
- following up on technical issues during design, fabrication, and installation/commissioning
- transferring learnings from one project to the next within the wind turbine execution team.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering, or a similar technical background
- preferably have experience with system or component design of wind turbines
- preferably have experience with executing asset projects
- preferably have some practical electrical experience
- thrive in an international environment and enjoy creating good relationships with a set of diverse stakeholders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 11 July 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kristin Hoj Kjeldsen, Head of Wind Turbine Execution, on (Denmark +45) 99558012 on Mondays to Fridays from 10:00-14:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time), if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.