Finance and controlling
Senior Financial Accountant
Imagine a future where you’re part of the Financial Accounting team, ensuring excellent financial reporting and mitigating risk within our Markets business unit
Join us in this role where you’ll take full responsibility for financial accounting and reporting processes concerning the Group’s legal entities, incl. month-end closing, reconciliations, statutory accounts, as well as for performing internal controls in the Markets area. You’ll also play a large role in process optimisation, aided by your significant experience in the field.
Welcome to Financial Accounting & Controlling (FAC)
You’ll be part of the Nordic team within the Financial Accounting department where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for delivering standardised, high-quality, and timely accounting and reporting products within FAC. We provide a global financial support to the business and the wider Financial Accounting department consisting of over 40 people, based across a range of locations in Europe, North America, and Asia.
You’ll play an important role in:
- preparing appropriate financial journals and reconciling your Market entities’ accounts
- preparing statutory financial statements in accordance with predominantly Danish GAAP accounting standards and providing high-quality audit documentation
- building on your knowledge in Markets, in close collaboration with our Controlling team in Denmark so the inputs and drivers behind the financial numbers are understood
- investigating current methodologies in Markets financial processes, challenging the status quo as needed, and driving change to enhance transparency and quality
- supporting the reconciliation of complex trades within gas, power, and other portfolios, supported by clear documentation suitable for audit purposes.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an analytical and logical approach to issues, as well as the ability to critically handle information you receive
- have relevant experience working in a dynamic finance department, preferably in an international company, and have worked with finance IT systems, with SAP experience being preferable
- have experience in the energy industry, ideally having worked on or in a Markets/Trading part of the business
- are results-oriented and set visible and relevant goals for your tasks
- have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, controlling, finance, or similar
- speak and write English at an academic level, can communicate clearly in writing, and excel at communicating financial issues in a readily understandable language.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 March 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ben McVeagh-Holness, Senior Manager, on (United Kingdom +44 (Do not use)) 7584521987, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and, in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.