Process Safety Specialist
Imagine a future where you constitute the foundation of ensuring safe projects in P2X, becoming a vital part of the green transformation
Join us in this role where you’ll be the subject matter expert within process safety and technical QHSE risk to ensure safe and reliable projects. By taking a proactive lead in engaging with internal and external stakeholders, you’ll be part of creating a strong Process Safety Management (PSM) culture in Ørsted. As one of the main drivers for PSM, you’ll have the unique opportunity to develop and implement the governance and ensure that resulting PSM deliverables are systematically reviewed.
Welcome to Project QHSE Advisors
You’ll be part of our Process Safety Management team where you, together with your colleagues, will support Ørsted’s journey in which P2X plays a vital part. The department is new and therefore we need your experience and skills to make our team grow while being a culture bearer. We offer a unique and varied role where you’ll work across different projects: on some days, you might facilitate meetings and workshops, on other days, you might create PSM studies – no two days are alike. As such, adaptability and a ‘can do’ mindset is vital for this position to ensure that all stakeholders are assisted as needed.
You’ll play an important role in:
- acting as the project focal point and being responsible for HSE Risk Management while also being a subject-matter expert within the field of technical risk and process safety
- leading by example, supporting and driving studies for hazard identification, consequence evaluation, safety assessments, risk assessments, risk mitigation, and ALARP evaluation
- performing RCA for process safety incidents to determine the appropriate actions to feed into continual improvement of protecting people and the environment in the projects and asset operation
- developing a proactive culture of monitoring own and contractors’ PSM performance
- ensuring that PSM is an inherent part of projects and that related objectives are fulfilled during projects and assets change.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have extensive experience with production or engineering of oil and gas facilities, chemical process facilities, or electrolyser facilities, including great experience with Technical Safety Engineering or Process Safety Management
- possess knowledge of Effects Modelling and Quantitative Risk Assessment where experience with PHAST, Safeti, Effects, or RiskCurves is preferred
- developing ALARP demonstrations for Process Safety risks and developing HSE Cases/ Safety Report
- can facilitate Process Safety Engineering workshops, which may include HAZID, HAZOP, Bowties, ALARP, SIMOPs, and Facility Layout and Siting
- have experience with project process safety management implementation
- are perseverant and push through to make sure that the team stays the course and gets things done.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 27 May 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Henrik Sønberg Fanø, Lead Process Safety Manager, on +4599558339 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.