Finance and controlling
Senior Project Controller
Imagine a future where you’ll be responsible for budgeting and controlling tasks on projects in the development and execution phase
Join us in this role where you, along with your colleagues, will be responsible for cost management and cost analysis of our US offshore wind farms in the development and execution phases. This includes budgeting, reporting, and cost controlling of individual asset projects in close collaboration with key project stakeholders, such as project development managers, technical project managers, commercial managers, and planners.
Welcome to North America Project Controlling
You’ll be part of the North America Project Controlling team where you, together with six other colleagues, will support our asset projects by ensuring transparent reporting and by taking an active role in providing financial stewardship. The team is located in both Boston, MA and Gentofte, DK and are working closely together with stakeholders across multiple locations in Europe and US.
You’ll play an important role in:
- proactively supporting project managers in their cost management and finance tasks
- ensuring that cost management and finance are on the agenda in an engineering context
- explaining ‘the story behind the numbers’, i.e. being able to link numbers to project or business trends
- creating budgets for the development phase or execution phase of large asset projects
- managing monthly closings, including accruals, project accounting, and financial planning and analysis.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or equivalent and experience with cost controlling of asset projects, preferably from a large energy company
- have moderate experience with project controlling and experience with budgeting and accounting
- have good stakeholder management skills, and can adapt your communication style to all levels
- easily adapt to new systems, and are a skilled user of Microsoft Excel
- are a proactive and adaptive person, and have a structured approach to problem-solving
- are a team player who takes actively part in the team and the work we do while not being afraid to challenge status quo.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than May 23, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specalist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.