Engineering and construction
Imagine a future where you help scope, design, and construct the latest in onshore renewable power generation and storage facilities in the U.S. for a greener future
Join us in this role where you’ll take the lead on dynamic engineering tasks, helping to scope, design, and construct the latest in onshore renewable power generation and storage facilities. You’ll be responsible for solving technical design challenges and optimizing the design of wind and solar energy production and battery energy storage facilities.
Welcome to Onshore EPC & Program Management
You’ll be part of Engineering where you, together with your colleagues, will identify new sites for renewable energy generation and storage facilities. You’ll help negotiate contracts, manage designs, and solve technical challenges related to design, permitting, and construction.
You’ll play an important role in:
- reviewing project specifics and advising the project team on technical risks and mitigation strategies
- providing guidance and input for the drafting team to create preliminary site layouts and electrical drawings and optimize designs
- managing engineering consultants and contractors through to completion to ensure high-quality products
- supporting EPC contract negotiation and technical exhibit creation to ensure that project-specific design requirements are implemented into EPC design and construction contracts
- acting as the primary interface to the EPC contractor and managing the review of design packages with internal and external teams
- performing technical due diligence and risk assessments for greenfield development projects, origination opportunities, and acquisition targets.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field
- have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- provide timely responses to high-priority requests
- can identify early technical risk and mitigation strategies with an emphasis on safety and quality in construction
- can prioritize design and engineering quality
- can manage internal and external stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than May 16, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll travel within the continental U.S. for team meetings and project site visits.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.