Operations and technicians
Senior Power System Engineer
Imagine a future where you help us manage and grow our fleet of onshore renewable energy projects and create a world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for power system modelling and analysis regarding our transmission lines, substations, collection systems, and protection systems. These systems support our wind, solar, and energy storage projects across North America.
Welcome to Operations Engineering
You’ll be part of Asset Management team where you, together with your colleagues, will support the technical operations and reliability of the electrical infrastructure. You’ll work closely with our electrical regulatory compliance team and our field operations teams to provide this support. The Operations Engineering department is a diverse team and incorporates an array of disciplines.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading the electrical simulation and analysis of our operational power systems
- supporting our power system design, commissioning, electrical regulatory compliance, field staff, and support contractors to maintain and optimize our electrical power systems
- supporting our electrical protection systems, incl. pulling event data, analyzing data, updating settings, and tracking changes, as well as applying software and firmware updates to electrical protection systems
- keeping track of technical issues and risks, solving technical problems, and communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- documenting electrical system compliance, technical resolution of issues, and forming strategic programs to improve reliability and performance
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- have substantial experience with electrical system design and analysis using electrical simulation tools like PSS/E and PSCAD in utility scale power system base cases, incl. power flow, voltage control, dynamic analysis, fault ride through, and stability studies
- are flexible, adaptive, and comfortable with uncertainty in a fast-changing environment, whilst maintaining a proactive, results-oriented, and systematic approach to your work tasks
- have proven written, verbal, and technical communication skills, enabling you to convey complex issues in a simple yet precise manner
- speak and write English fluently
- thrive in a rapidly growing environment and can create good relationships with your colleagues and stakeholders
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-07-25. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do 10-25% travelling in relation to your work.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.