Operations and technicians
Senior Substation Engineer
Imagine a future where you identify, investigate, and solve technical challenges that disrupt the performance and reliability of our operational onshore wind fleet
Join us in this role where you’ll become part of a department which is technically responsible for all components of our operations fleet, incl. mechanical and electrical parts. You’ll also have the opportunity to support our Operations Engineering department with solving electrical-related challenges within the broader fleet, incl. wind turbines, inverters, and energy storage systems.
Welcome to Onshore Operations Engineering
You’ll be part of Operations Engineering where you, together with your colleagues, will support operational wind, solar, and energy storage projects. Our diverse team is focused on the technical aspects of operations and maintaining reliable systems to support the asset management department specifically and the larger organization in general.
You’ll play an important role in:
- lead field electrical engineering and technical support efforts related to the operational Balance of Plant systems, incl. planned and unplanned outage events
- working with electrical model engineers to support relay settings updates and managing field settings, pulling event data, evaluating event data, and providing technical guidance for system adjustments
- supporting the development of strategic balance of plant support and operations programs
- developing corrective action plans, writing and evaluating switching orders, supporting lockout tag out programs, and generally supporting a culture of safety, responsibility, and quality
- managing and updating site balance of plant documentation and drawings as changes are made.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a similar technical background, with experience in renewable energy being a plus
- have substantial experience with substation systems or component design, incl. transformers, protection equipment, SCADA, collection systems, and switchgear
- have a strong technical understanding of electrical systems and can translate technical observations into written reports
- are comfortable working with many stakeholders, especially in relation to risk mitigation
- working together with service and material suppliers related to operational projects
- are a curious, open minded, technically driven problem solver with demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-07-25. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.