Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Senior Legal Counsel
Imagine a future where you support our growing APAC offshore wind and other renewable business by tackling a broad range of legal and business compliance issues
Join us in this role where you’ll handle compliance and legal matters associated with the entire lifecycle of offshore wind farms and other renewable projects in Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, and other APAC markets. Your priority will be the compliance area, and you’ll also have the opportunity to support and tackle a broad range of legal issues of strategic significance during the life cycle of renewable projects.
Welcome to Group Legal
You’ll be part of Legal Region APAC team and working closely with the Business Ethics Compliance team in Denmark, where you’ll be responsible for ensuring all employees comply with our Good Business Conduct Policy and supporting guidelines including topics such as anti-bribery and corruption, sanctions, the Know-Your-Customer program, and governance. As part of the world’s largest offshore wind developer’s global legal department, our work is versatile, addressing novel issues in a fast-paced and cooperative setting, and is an integral part of the company’s broader project-development efforts in APAC markets.
You’ll play an important role in:
- handling and globalizing the Group’s good business conduct compliance program, including the Good Business Conduct Policy and Know-Your-Customer program, and conducting awareness trainings
- driving other business ethics compliance and governance projects across the APAC region, including the development and implementation of authorization rules and signing procedures
- proactively assessing compliance risks, processes, and procedures to identify weaknesses, as well as implementing sound internal controls and procedures to mitigate these risks
- advising on regulatory regimes for offshore wind energy project development, construction, and operations in different countries
- providing legal support in permit, consent, bid, and other regulatory approval proceedings and advising on commercial agreements (such as revenue, real estates, and joint venture agreements).
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an LL.B. and/or LL.M. from an accredited law school, are admitted to the Taiwan Bar (additional jurisdiction(s) being a plus), and have substantial experience as a practicing attorney
- preferably have solid professional experience within business ethics compliance, governance, and/or internal controls
- have business proficiency in English (additional languages such as Japanese, Korean, and Vietnamese being a plus)
- have a commercial and solution-oriented mindset and the bandwidth to understand complex processes and possess a strong moral compass
- possess excellent teamwork and communication skills, enabling you to communicate and work effortlessly and smoothly with stakeholders at all levels.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-4-11. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations APAC, , on talentacquisitionAP@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.