Engineering and construction
Senior Cable Project Engineer
Imagine a future where you’ll be part of one of our challenging offshore projects and be responsible for the design and quality of submarine cables
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the engineering of the supply, jointing, termination, and connection equipment of high-voltage array or export cables. You’ll have a unique opportunity to learn directly from a team of experienced engineers, and you’ll be cooperating closely with colleagues across Europe, the US, and APAC.
Welcome to HV Cables
You’ll be part of a diverse HV Cables Project Engineering team where you, together with your colleagues, will be ensuring the quality during the design, manufacturing, termination, and testing of high-voltage array or export cables in an exciting project.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing the design, manufacturing, and testing processes, incl. quality assurance of 33-400kV cable products and related accessories
- ensuring that the correct quality processes are in place and followed at the various manufacturing facilities
- ensuring that the proposed technical solution is in line with international standards, internal best practices, and contractual requirements
- reviewing designs and supplier technical proposals, and ensuring the suitability of technical solutions across all functional areas e.g., offshore installation, HV components, offshore substations, etc.
- reviewing Non-Conformity Reports (NCRs) and Manufacturing Record Books (MRBs) while witnessing cable testing in labs and factories around the world
- managing interfaces with internal and external stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering at a minimum, with experience in engineering or testing of high-voltage cables and accessories- experience working in a cable manufacturing facility will be positively evaluated
- thrive working in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders
- have the ability to contribute to solving challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation
- preferably have in-depth knowledge of submarine cable standards (CIGRE, IEC, ICEA) and FIDIC contracts
- have a structured, service-minded, and flexible approach to your tasks
- are an excellent communicator who speaks and writes English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 January 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Chee Wah Chooi, Manager HVC Project Engineering, on +447552260643 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For Malaysia, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.com if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.