Engineering and construction
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Imagine a future where you take up technical challenges related to the design, construction, and maintenance of our substations
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the design, integration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of mechanical systems on our onshore and offshore substations, along with 17 passionate and high-performing colleagues whose motivation is contagious. Our company is extending its global footprint, and Kuala Lumpur is our new global hub in EPCO.
Welcome to Substation Electrical & Commissioning Management
You’ll be part of Electrical & Mechanical Substation Design where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for the design, integration, and quality assurance of mechanical systems in our substations. We also support the O&M department in planning maintenance activities, assisting in O&M improvement projects, and facilitating the engineering investigation of incidents related to our team’s scopes.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for the design of mechanical systems (including HVAC, fire safety system, seawater system, diesel generator, material handling equipment, heat exchanger, etc.) on our substations
- preparing technical specifications, functional requirements, design bases, and calculations for mechanical systems for both onshore and offshore substations
- ensuring that the deliverables from engineering, fabrication, and principal contractors are of the right quality according to requirements
- participating in FAT of mechanical systems on onshore and offshore substations
- participating in project team meetings and cross-disciplinary cooperation and supporting supervision and commissioning activities as well as handover to O&M
- proactively coordinating with other internal stakeholders to secure the inputs on time.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant degree in mechanical or marine engineering, and are interested in working with mechanical systems (HVAC, fire safety system, seawater system, material handling equipment, diesel generator, pollution prevention systems, etc.) for onshore and offshore substations
- have extensive relevant technical design experience from offshore substations (both HVAC and HVDC substations) or offshore oil and gas projects
- have a proven record in troubleshooting and planning maintenance of mechanical equipment
- have experience with relevant international standards within the wind industry
- have strong communication skills and a strong analytical approach
- preferably have experience in process engineering.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 07 February 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Operations MY, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do regular travelling in relation to your work, as the organisation is expanding globally and our activities will be outside Malaysia. You should also expect expatriation outside Malaysia, depending on the needs of the project.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.