Engineering and construction
Fabrication Manager for Offshore Substation
Imagine a future where you play a key role in ensuring that our offshore substation is timely delivered for integration in the offshore wind farm .
Join us in this role where you’ll have the unique opportunity to follow an offshore substation project for typically 2+ years. As a senior technical project lead (fabrication manager), you’ll be able to provide input during the detailed design phase and evaluate potential suppliers. Your main responsibilities relate to monitoring the performance of the fabrication contractor during execution and overviewing the installation offshore.
Welcome to Fabrication Management
You’ll be part of our Fabrication Management team in Substations where you, together with your colleagues, will be monitoring the project execution phase. You’ll be expatriated or have extended business travels to contractor’s yards to track the progress.
You’ll play an important role in:
- reviewing contractors’ documentation, drawings, method statements, construction philosophies, risk assessments, and project as-built documentation
- tracking progress and deliverables from contractors and sub-suppliers in a timely manner and preparing monthly progress reporting on the assigned scope
- ensuring that the employer’s requirements and industry standards are being fulfilled by the contractor
- cooperating with third-party certification authorities while ensuring statement of compliance
- facilitating meetings and cross-discipline cooperation with fabrication contractors or EPC contractors and their sub-suppliers.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in subjects equivalent to material or welding engineering – and are technically strong in Coating and NDE
- have practical experience with offshore substations or large-scale offshore steel structures as well as a solid contract understanding
- are familiar with construction management or technical project management
- have experience with proactively leading a team of QA/QC inspectors
- thrive working in global and diverse environments and strive to create strong and inclusive relationship with colleagues and stakeholders
- speak and write English fluently, as we operate in an international environment.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 14-12-2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Haslinda Mohammad Ali, Talent Acquisition Consultant, on if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.