Engineering and construction
Lead Project Planner
Imagine a future where you support one of our projects in North America by taking a leading role in scheduling and resource management
Join us in this role where you’ll contribute to the successful development and execution of our offshore wind projects. As Lead Project Planner, you and your team will support your assigned project in developing, maintaining, and analysing time schedules and human resource plans, all of which you’ll do in accordance with our guidelines and processes which you’re also expected to contribute to developing and implementing.
Welcome to Planning, Risk & Integration Management
You’ll be part of a diverse department of highly skilled specialists in a matrix organisation where you, together with your colleagues, will support our offshore wind projects in North America, backed by a strong global competence centre based in Europe. As colleagues in the line and project stakeholders are based at different office locations, you’ll collaborate closely across countries and time zones.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading the time and human resource planning in your assigned project, as well as maintaining and controlling time schedules, performing schedule analyses, and preparing scenarios
- leading the project’s team of planners by delegating planning tasks and project packages between the planners, and driving and supporting close collaboration in the team to ensure high quality integrated schedules
- carrying out progress updates in terms of activities and resources
- reporting and communicating progress, performance, and forecasts on a regular basis
- acquiring project overview and knowledge across all the project packages on a level to comfortably answer questions from external and internal stakeholders associated with the project
- harnessing your professional and personal skills and insights to support management decision-making for the project.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree, or an equivalent qualification
- are a strong user of Primavera P6
- have solid experience with planning large-scale EPC projects, preferably within the offshore industry, and can draw on experience, knowledge, and competences equivalent to PMI-SP
- possess excellent spoken and written communication skills, enabling you to present and communicate complex matters in a professional and straightforward manner
- thrive in an international environment and have experience with delegating and leading others and possess interpersonal skills, enabling you to build strong relationships with your stakeholders
- have a proactive, structured, and analytical approach to your work and a good eye for detail and data quality.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us, including a cover letter which describes your motivation for applying, no later than 31 May 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For DK, please don’t hesitate to contact Anders Berthelsen, Manager, on +4599554364 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For Poland, please don’t hesitate to contact Anders Berthelsen, Manager, on +4599554364 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please don’t hesitate to contact Anders Berthelsen, Manager, on +4599554364 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be attending meetings with project colleagues and contractors at different locations.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.