Operations and technicians
Mechanical engineering intern
Imagine a future where you’ll drive and support world-class offshore operation and maintenance of WTG blades
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for analysing inspection data and performing failure analyses of the blades on our wind turbines.
Welcome to Asset Integrity Management
You’ll be part of Operations Blades where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure maximum turbine performance through failure analysis projects, production optimisation, and turbine modifications. As an intern, you’ll also participate in our R&D activities.
You’ll play an important role in:
- performing damage evaluation on turbine blades
- participating in and performing failure investigation projects on turbine blades in collaboration with blade experts
- assisting in asset integrity communication and reporting
- participating in various cross-team projects involving mechanical and structural engineering disciplines.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are currently studying in Denmark to become a composite or mechanical engineer
- are interested in working with and learning more about offshore wind power and specifically about turbine blades and composite structures
- have a technical knowledge of mechanical theory – it’s considered an advantage if you’ve already passed composite or structure-related courses
- are able to focus on a specific task for a longer period of time and show good documentation skills when delivering an assignment
- are able to speak and write English at a communicative level.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 5 December 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Michael Pedersen, Head of Blades, on +4599558588 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.