Sales and energy trading
Senior or lead originator
Imagine a future where you work as part of a leading commercial team shaping the future of our renewable power portfolio
Join us in this role where you’ll take a leading role in developing structured power products to handle risks and provide a route-to-market for our portfolio of renewable assets.
Welcome to Power Portfolio
You’ll be part of Power Origination where you, together with your colleagues, will find innovative ways of managing risk and creating value from the group’s power portfolio by contributing towards our trading activities and the development of new business opportunities for the sale and purchase of renewable power, risk, and green certificates.
You’ll play an important role in:
- Identifying, developing, and executing energy transactions with a focus on mitigating portfolio risks and enabling divestments
- Executing structured trades and PPAs, with a focus on our North Western Europe footprint
- Developing and maintaining relationships with counterparts to support de-risking activities
- Presenting commercial structures and business cases to senior decision makers
- Working with the team to develop new solutions to manage risk and create value.
To succeed in the role, you:
- Have experience working in power markets, preferably in sales, trading, or structuring
- Have a structured approach to your work tasks
- Can build strong personal and professional relationships to facilitate transactions
- Are a good communicator in English, with additional languages being an advantage.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 3 December 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Information, please don’t hesitate to contact Joseph Conlan, Head of Power Origination, on +45 99 55 61 68 or Kyle Worthington, Head of Power Origination & Route To Markets on +45 99 55 51 40 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll meet with colleagues based at Ørsted locations across Europe as well as with counterparties. Travel should be expected on a bi-monthly basis.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.