Engineering and construction
Senior Grid Connection Manager
Imagine a future where you help create a world that runs entirely on green energy by integrating our large offshore wind farms into the Polish electrical grid
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for ensuring the grid connection of our offshore wind farms in Poland. With a strong power system understanding and a commercial mindset, you’ll ensure successful integration of the biggest wind farms in the world to the Polish electrical grid. You’ll help the local transmission system operators (TSOs) understand and manage technical challenges to pave the way for future offshore wind farms in Poland.
Welcome to Electrical System Design & Grid Integration
You’ll be part of CE Power System Design where you, together with your colleagues, will manage the grid connection processes, including reviewing and preparing electrical system design reports, liaising with the local TSOs and key stakeholders to understand technical and commercial implications, and verifying grid code compliance. Moreover, you’ll participate in project meetings and cooperate with team members and partners. You’ll also keep track of risks and problems and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing the overall electrical system for offshore wind farm projects together with our design team in Northern Europe
- relaying information about local conditions for grid connection to members of the project team and partners
- ensuring the electrical design is compliant with the Polish electrical grid code and requirements
- engaging with the TSOs in Poland to understand their perspectives and negotiate the best technical and commercial solution
- following grid developments regarding capacity and influencing future grid code changes in Poland.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree or a PhD in electrical engineering
- understand power system studies and simulation tools like PowerFactory, PSCAD, or PSS/E
- understand the electrical grid codes and connection processes of wind farms, especially in Poland
- preferably have experience in communicating with TSOs
- are a Polish native and have English language skills at business level
- have a result-oriented and analytical approach to your work and enjoy working both independently and together with your international colleagues and business partners.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 October 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Sune Beck Grønskov, Head of APAC Power System Designs, on +4599554921 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.