Engineering and construction
Senior SCADA control engineer, Denmark
Imagine a future where you secure the wind farm SCADA and dynamic control deliverables in our offshore wind farms around the world
Join us in this role where you’ll execute the wind farm SCADA and dynamic control elements of our wind turbine contracts, covering all phases from detailed hardware and software design through installation, commissioning, and verification until the final handover to Operations. You’ll utilise your project and interface management skills, while planning and coordinating the many activities between the involved parties taking place in the office, in virtual meetings, and on site.
Welcome to SCADA
You’ll be part of SCADA WTG where you, together with your colleagues, will specify SCADA and dynamic control solutions and verify their design, supply, installation, and commissioning. The department is responsible for the SCADA and dynamic control sections in our wind turbine contracts and for the implementation of the overall wind farm control philosophy. We have high ambitions for safety and security, and you’ll engage in realising them while using your proficiency in SCADA and control theory.
You’ll play an important role in:
- owning the SCADA and control sections in our wind turbine contracts and executing them in close collaboration with colleagues and suppliers
- implementing the overall control philosophy across the wind farm components
- coordinating, executing, and documenting the verification of the wind farm SCADA and dynamic control deliverables
- ensuring that the wind farm SCADA and control systems live up to relevant cybersecurity policies
- collecting documentation from our suppliers and handing over a safe and quality-assured system to Operations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in electrical engineering (or equivalent) and a background in control theory
- are an initiator who takes ownership of your scope and thrive in a project or interface manager role
- have experience with the design of SCADA hardware and software solutions, preferably combined with on-site experience
- have an interest in communication networks, infrastructure, and cybersecurity
- speak and write English fluently as we operate in an international environment.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 October 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mikkel P. Friis-Holm Stæhr, Head of SCADA WTG, on +4599555256 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you may be expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll complete extensive onboarding at our main offices in Gentofte during your first months of employment. In the longer term, you’ll be travelling occasionally to our local offices, contractor facilities, construction sites, and fabrication yards in Europe, Asia, and the US.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.