Operations and technicians
Balance of Plant Technician
Imagine a future where you maintain the assets of onshore utility-scale solar, wind, and storage portfolios and are responsible for the efficient operation of renewable power plants
LOCATIONS: Cherokee, AL and Needville, TX
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for overseeing the Balance of Plant (BOP) activities of a site facility, substations, collection/interconnect systems, roads, and MET equipment, including repairs, inspections, outages, and maintenance. You’ll also oversee the site’s electrical, high voltage (HV), and substation support and response activities.
Welcome to Onshore Asset Management
You’ll be part of Asset Operations where you, together with your colleagues, will assist in the daily operations of multiple renewable power plants. You’ll help manage site safety, reliability, and budget metrics.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing all operations and maintenance activities for BOP assets within the established operating guidelines to minimize lost production, maximize commercial availability, and ensure safety
- maintaining compliance with all pertinent HV OSHA safety requirements as well as following company policies and procedures
- monitoring and providing oversight of the performance of turbine operations and the maintenance service provider
- adhering to specifications and procedures related to switching, safety, and testing equipment
- aiding in the implementation of maintenance programs and schedules for interconnect and collection systems
- maintaining regulatory compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have knowledge of and experience with running effective safety programs, practices, and procedures
- have solid leadership skills and the ability to coach, mentor, motivate, and develop employees to form a highly aligned, motivated, and engaged team
- are motivated, accountable, solution-oriented, and willing to take ownership and function effectively in a time-sensitive environment of rapid change and conflicting demands
- have a technical background in electrical systems and electrical generation substations, both regarding control and high voltage AC/DC circuitry
- have knowledge of technical drawings and schematics and the ability to use and understand technical language
- are familiar with NERC and other regulatory requirements.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 22-10-2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US,, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do extensive traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll travel to and from plants in the same region and possibly travel to offices for team meetings from time to time.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.