Strategy and business development
Imagine a future where you’re building a new clean energy business focused on frontier technologies like energy storage and green hydrogen
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for crafting and executing the strategy for expansion into new energy technology offerings and hybrid structured products, including energy storage and green hydrogen. Responsibilities will require direct interface with customers as well as with our Originations and Trading teams to design and tailor offtake products that meet our customers’ needs, utilizing a more sophisticated suite of technologies than traditional renewable generation.
Welcome to Onshore Commercial
You’ll be part of the Onshore strategy team where you, together with your colleagues, will be the vanguard of the Onshore business unit as it substantially grows its utility-scale solar and onshore wind engine and expands into new markets, new technologies, and new commercial products.
You’ll play an important role in:
- crafting a strategic plan for new commercial and technological offerings
- interfacing with potential suppliers and customers, expanding existing relationships, and building new ones to pressure test the commercial viability of business cases and the technical feasibility of solutions
- coordinating with internal functional teams to ensure the feasibility and value of proposed new products and communicating work with the teams and the management group for discussing investment decisions
- drafting and issuing term sheets, development agreements, and other customer-facing documents to formalize partnerships and potential offtake arrangements
- developing and modeling business cases for new and hybrid technology commercial offerings
- applying creative approaches to address customer needs in an evolving market environment.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have 6+ years of energy industry experience, preferably with direct experience in new green technologies, e.g., energy storage or hydrogen (experience in energy trading is a plus)
- have experience in origination, M&A, and/or working directly with customers and external stakeholders
- can work independently and drive your own workstreams to commercial impact
- have strong communication and analytical skills
- have experience working with cross-functional teams
- have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (master’s+ is a plus).
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2021-10-22. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll be responsible for managing customer and supplier relationships directly, as well as interfacing with internal teams in various offices.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.